Yes, we know, in a “perfect diet world” we would all just drink water and never consume calories in liquid form, but lets face it — Sometimes, water is boring, and it’s no crime to want to mix things up!
Try one or more of these swaps, and give your tastebuds some beverage variety without blowing your calorie budget!
1. Split a 20 oz. bottle of regular soda with a friend. Save 120 calories!
2. Drink 1 can of sparkling water instead of 1 can of regular soda. Save 140 calories!
3. Swap an 8-oz. glass of whole milk for 1 glass of almond milk. Save 88 calories!
4. Instead of 1 cup of prepared lemonade, try sparkling water. Save 60 calories!
5. Eat a medium orange instead of drinking 12 oz. of fresh orange juice. Save 106 calories!
6. Prepare your coffee with skim milk or light soymilk instead of half and half. Save 50 calories!